Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun, Flirty, & Fabulous Floral

This post was inspired by one of my girlfriends, who recently asked me if I could find her a perfect floral dress for an upcoming wedding. Always up for the challenge, I accepted her request and got right to work. Whether it is a dress, a billowy blouse, or printed skirt; every spring frocks garlanded with pretty petals make an appearance. The relationship between flowers and fashion is indeed a bountiful one, transforming summer wardrobes into a multicolored meadow of floral prints. Given that floral it is not the easiest style to pull off, when its done right, its right. After much searching, I think I’ve found a dress that will make my friend bloom. The Elizabeth and James Floral Boudoir Dress reeks of romanticism.

Even though I am fan of floral prints, there is a fine line between what is considered to fashionable floral as opposed to frumpy floral. While shopping for floral this season there are a few things to keep in mind. Color is key; bold colors and patterns are ideal as long as they're not overly chaotic. Cut: shop for a cut that flatters your body type. While this print can work with you, it can just as easily work against you; and take it from me, there is nothing worse then drowning yourself in unflattering florals. Cleanness: keep the rest of your look clean and simple; the print is enough to be the focal point of your outfit (that means avoid overdoing it with accessories). If you want to create an overall fresh effect without being egregiously girly, you can toughen up flower prints with leather accessories, or a pair of killer gladiators. Lastly for all of those who are allergic to the idea of the full-on floral effect, there are some great accessories available if you are interested to add a touch of this trend without appearing like you’ve escaped from Alice in Wonderland. 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh!!! you are the best, thank you so much sweetie. I am honored! I cannot wait to use your tips to find something this week. The Elizabeth and James might be the one...I'll send you photos from Saks! xo

    ReplyDelete