Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Clutch Companion

The fact that I worship Marc Jacobs, is no news to many. My obsession started shortly after I received my very first Marc Jacobs bag as a gift from my mom. At the time, I did not even know who Marc Jacobs was, and I cannot say I was instantly intrigued by the silver buckle hardware. When you're fifteen if the designer wasn't Gucci, Fendi, or Prada, it was not cool. Unbeknownst to me, this bag would be the first of several Marc bags, and not long after I would discover his clothes, shoes, and accessories. Needless to say it has been a love affair ever since, and these three eye catching clutches are no exception. 

1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Airliner Clutch

2. Marc Jacobs Oversized Love Story Clutch

3. Marc Jacobs Eugenie Glitter Stud Clutch

Lately, oversized handbags have been scaling down with the oversized clutch coming in and taking over center stage. The age when clutches existed exclusively in the evening is long over, so you can kiss those days goodbye. The oversized clutch has been spotted all over the runway this season, stealing the show. It's versatile in the fact it can be worn day into night, and it is a chic alternative to avoid lugging around ten million things you don't need. I am not sure why, but everything I own seems to end up in my bag; and the bigger it gets the more useless, random things I have in it. After carrying massive handbags for so long, it is certainly refreshing to have another option. These three fun, flirty, and utterly charming designs are the ideal accessory to any outfit. Especially for all those glorious times when all you need is your cell phone, keys, lip gloss, ID, and a credit card. Well, surprise, surprise, Marc Jacobs does it again. I think it is possible to have a love affair that will last forever, as long as it’s with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment