Monday, April 27, 2009

For the love of Chanel

While some girls daydream about love, I daydream about Chanel. I was in the market for my first pair of Chanel flats two years ago, when I discovered the classic two-toned patent leather ballerina flat. As soon as I slipped into the black patent ivory cap-toe flat, it was love. Apart from the alluring style, this shoe stands out from it's idyllic comfort alone. The gathered style makes slipping into this shoe as enjoyable as putting on your favorite pair of slippers. I loved them so much I purchased a second pair in silver and black, and I still cannot decide which ones I love more. Aside from being timeless, magnificent looking, and comfortable, they are also incredibly versatile. Whether you are dressing up jeans and a tee, or dressing down a dress or skirt, they automatically add spice to your wardrobe. So if you are one of the many women who believe that sexy can only be acquired  by wearing 5-inch Louboutins, think again. 

If you are thinking about splurging on a pair of Chanel flats, there are a few things to remember. These flats are definitely deemed to be an investment piece. Priced at a whopping $675 a pair, it is important to invest wisely.  While they do come in a wide array of tempting patterns and bold colors, try to steer yourself away. Sticking with the classics like black, white, navy, nude, and metallic, will ensure they will stay forever in style. Before I bought the silver flats, I was contemplating getting them in neon pink, and now I am so grateful that I didn't. 

If your heart is aching for this shoe, but not for the price tag, Bloch ballerina flats are similar in style for a fraction of the cost. Bloch is an Australian based company that started out by creating stylish ballet shoes for ballerinas before they moved mainstream. They come in a variety of dazzling colors, and are designed with the same two- toned patent style as Chanel. While I do not own a pair, the online reviews say they're just as comfortable as the real thing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment